2008년 8월 16일 토요일

Englsih.

I talked with Kotaro and Puma about American cars. Kotaro is a smart guy and knows lots of things, so Puma and I asked him about American auto markets. He explained how American car companies have developed is that they intervene in wars. When they don’t have enough money, the America Government will make conflicts; and then, car companies produce weapons or armored cars and sell them. I knew that America makes money from weapon businesses, but I didn’t know that they provoke war for money. How important is money? What is more valuable than people?
Anyway, after talking, I showed them my essay and asked them to evaluate. They said what I want to say is clear, but I need to add more information in that, but my essay is good. I don’t think my essay is good. It’s just OK. However, I felt a kind of satisfied. When I came here, I didn’t even know what present perfect is and how to write an eassy. Also, I couldn’t make questions, well. I read what I wrote when I was level 3. It was totally Korean grammar (spelling is better than now, though). I don’t know how my level 3 teacher understood. Now, I can’t say that my English is perfect, but I can say that my English has been improving. Of course, I will never satisfied with English, so I will keep doing my best.

댓글 1개:

Don :

I remember that they used to have a nicjname for the city of Detroit (which is where the Big 3 -- Ford, Gm, and Chrysler -- have their headquarters), they used to call it "the Arsenal of Democracy." I guess that's about what Kotaro was talking about. In the 1930s, especially just before the U.S. got into World War II, there was a lot of manufacturing going on in Detroit, making military equipment for the British, while they were at war, and to get ready for the U.S. to get into it as well. I'm sure that played a big role in getting the U.S. economy out of the Great Depression.