2008년 8월 12일 화요일

summericious~

During the summericious event, Sun a friend of mine invited me to have dinner with her friends. She said that every luxury meal would be 30 dollars or something during the summericious event, and it could be good experience in Toronto, so I thanked her for calling me.
One day, I met her and her two friends for the dinner. I knew one of both. Another one Korean-Canadian wore a nice shirt and looked smart. My friend told me that he has been in Canada for a long time, so he knows very well about luxury western food, so he reserved for a table. We were about to eat luxury food, so he suggested taking a taxi, and we agreed with him, but it took a really short time.
We followed him to a restaurant, which is located near the Union station. I do not remember what the restaurant name is, but it is a very high place. We entered there, and I became little silent. He ordered some dishes for each person, wine, and sparkling water. Sun’s friend Korean-Canadian began to explain about wine and food, and to talk with a waiter about how to serve or something. We got own dish, but every dish was different. I wanted to try everything, so I suggest sharing to him, but he said sharing food looks strange in the restaurant and gave me some his salad fiercely. I noticed that he is snobbish and impolite. Even though food was not much, it was obviously delicious; however, I was little upset and wanted to go out as soon as possible. I pretended to enjoy the meal because of my friend and her friends. Finally, he asked the waiter to bring our bill. He asked us to pay 70 dollars per a person. SEVENTY DOLLARS!!! For the tiny, tiny, tiny and little fancy food?? I screamed in my mind, and then, I got stunned. However, I pretended again and paid 70 dollars. While I was leaving, I could not help laughing. I do not know why I was laughing. The man Korean-Canadian asked us to take a taxi. I said “No, it is not far from here”, so we walked. I took a subway and went back home.
I got a kind of hectic day; anyway, it was a good experience.

댓글 1개:

Don :

Yeah, the thing about summerlicious is that the main dish itself is fixed at a low price -- but then if you get wine, etc., all that stuff will be extra. So you have to be careful, or you will end up paying a lot of money anyway . . .

I guess if it had not been summerlicious, the bill could have been a lot higher!