2008년 8월 16일 토요일

Gay Right!

Gay right was a topic in my seminar class today. Fabor my teacher showed us kissing gays and lesbians, so one student said disgusting, but lesbians are better to see. The gays’ picture was not familiar to me (not disgusting), but I’m used to seeing the lesbians’ picture because I’ve seen some lesbians in Korea, but not gays. Therefore, if I get used to seeing gays, I will not care about them. I will leave them whatever they want to do because they don’t bother me. Also, it is natural. Teacher said that other species show homosexual behavior, so people could be homosexual, too; in addition, philosophers in Greek liked to have young boy friends, and even the bible mentions about homosexuals. For that reason, we should accept them to get married each other; moreover, they should have the right to adopt children; they have to teach them that homosexual, heterosexual (people who love opposite sex), bisexual (people who love both sex) and asexual (people who do not love anyone) are all normal, though because they can be confused.
However, some people believe that homosexual is harmful to themselves because we do not know what will happen if we accept them completely. Also, they think that that’s a kind of a mental disease because they do not follow their sex. Some of part of their opinion is also right because when we try something new, we might find a side effect. Especially, if we accept homosexual without criticism, there will be some problems for sure, such as confusion. Therefore, we should respect each other; furthermore, we should compromise our own idea and find a better way.

1. What do you think about homosexual people?

2. Let us think about the reason why we have over population. Societies had forced people to get married and have a baby?

댓글 2개:

Don :

Speaking for myself, it's not a very big issue. It's easy for me to say, well, it's not my business what other people want to do, and it seems basically impolite for people to have a negative opinion about someone else's lifestyle. Why should it bother them? No one is requiring them to do something they don't want to do . . .

Donghyun Kim :

um. I think so. I mean, I don't care what people do.